GameSound was very pleased to be part of the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences this past week! Our poster (alongside a digital demonstration) was exhibited as part of the Canadian Society for the Digital Humanities (CSDH) conference. It was wonderful to engage with dynamic scholars from across North America about game studies, the digital humanities, and much more.
Weren’t able to make it out to the conference? We’ve uploaded a copy of our poster to the website in PDF format for easy viewing. Feel free to take a look!
GameSound will be heading out to the University of Regina this May to participate in the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences! Spanning a full week and featuring academics from across the globe, Congress is one of the largest academic conferences in Canada.
We will be presenting GameSound as a poster and a digital demonstration for the Canadian Society for Digital Humanities (CSDH). The presentation will be taking place on May 27 2018 in room CL 232 from 4:00-5:30pm. You can see a full list of poster and demo presenters below:
- “Big Brother is Watching You”: Space and Self-Surveillance
- GameSound – A Ludomusicological Database Prototype
Melissa Mony, Michael Iantorno
- Go Queer
Maureen Engel, Bamdad Aghilidehkordi, Kathleen Oliver, Kris Joseph
- Humanizing Deportation Digital Storytelling Project
Lizbeth De La Cruz Santana, Sarah Hart
- Identifying Narrative Events in Screenplays: A Fabricator’s Computational Approach
- Network Dynamics of Mirza Ghalib’s Thematic Expressions
Abdul Wahid Khan, Syed Affan Aslam
- Political Advocacy for Childhood Arrivals. DACAmented: DREAMs Without Borders Digital Storytelling Project
Lizbeth De La Cruz Santana
- TATR: Using Content Analysis to Study Twitter Data
Kynan Tran Ly, Robert Budac, Geoffrey Rockwell
- Textual Communities: the system
- Use and digital preservation of the databases of the Center for Research in Social History of Culture of the Institute of Philosophy and Human Sciences of Unicamp
Willian de Carvalho Silva
- The mixed-race experience: Factors influencing mixed-race individuals’ attitudes towards identity and belonging
Aurora Marjorie Tsai, Tevis Arthur Tsai